Birthday Musings

It was my birthday yesterday and so I'm lamenting the loss of my 20s. Technically I'm no longer in my 20s, but mentally I'm still 18 and probably always will be. I had hoped the day would pass off as just another day, but it didn't.

My friend Sam (also from New Zealand) and I went to lunch. An hour, some good food, desserts and a few wines later we were suitably merry but certainly not legless. I got back to the office to be greeted by an exquisite and rather large bouquet of flowers and a large card from my bankers.

I got spoiled when I got home with presents from my family in London. And loads of emails and some phone calls from friends and family. And this morning, I got a beautiful plant from my friend Sam.

So all in all it has been a wonderful 18th Birthday. Thank you to everyone who made it special.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy (belated!) birthday, Kim dearest. I, too turned "18" last month. We now have our "21st" to look forward to... lol...

Frennie
Anonymous said…
surprise!!!!!!!!!!

happy birthday, kim :)

i finished with my 20s too, a month ago, so i know how you feel.

it was strange stumbling across your blog, but i'm glad i did.

- lindsay (http://littlearsonist.blogspot.com/
Anonymous said…
Happy belated Birthday Kim!!! From your mad Kiwi connection.

Popular posts from this blog

Of DoctERRS and MediSIN

Mark and Lady X, Y or Z

Vanity Fair