Nothing exciting to write home about

I do apologise for the long hiatus. It was never my intention to permit myself such a sustained absence. The truth is work (and a lot of it) has been claiming all of my energy and coupled with the gym, it leaves me far too exhausted when I finally get home each day. But I've been making a sincere attempt to get out of bed on the weekends and actually get out and enjoy myself.

I spent one weekend with my friends Sam and Cathryn. Cathryn myself found our way to China town for really good Dim Sim at the "CHINESE EXPERIENCE" and then went to see the famous Aussie play VEGEMITE TALES, which was amusing and entertaining with equal measure. The following day, Sam and I went to see the BLACK DAHLIA, a film so bad I won't waste time telilng you any more about it. But we did stop for a good chat and coffee and some shopping in China Town. It was the good company, over the activity that made a difference to the weekend.

I spent this last weekend with my couisn DC who is in London for an exam and a holiday. We met up with our friend Shefali (whereintheworldisshefali.blogspot.com) and went to see the film THE DEPARTED.Given the A list star cast of the departed like Jack Nicholson, Leonardo de Caprio, Matt Damon, Martin Sheen, Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin, and a director like Martin Scorcese you would expect it to be a good film. Sadly it was so dissappointing. I think they must have fired the screen writers mid way through the film. Because although it started well, it just fell flat somewhere in between. The only thing worth mentioning is that Nicolson and De Caprio were outstanding and held the film together for the most part.

I'm off to Paris weekend after next and so I'm really looking forward to that trip. I've got to brush up on my French before I leave. If only I didn't have to work so hard before then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of DoctERRS and MediSIN

Mark and Lady X, Y or Z

Vanity Fair