It's a bit of a BOILER really.

I seem to be having a really bad run of luck lately. Just when I was starting to take pride in home ownership, I get a sharp dose of reality - an unpalatable medicine that I'd be happier not having to swallow. But sadly unforseen things happen and the costs just have to be borne.

I had over the past few weeks begun to take real pride in my house. Making an effort to transition it from being a house to a home. I've put pretty plants all over and begun to adorn the walls with much loved images and I've even been saving for a new garage door as my current door has collapsed on me. All of these were things that I was planning for costs that would be expected. And then it happened....my hot water system developed a leak. I spent an entire night mopping up the place and then had to call in a plumber. The bad news is that I have to replace the entire system. The cost of a new system...a whopping $2,200+ GST. This is not just a dent in the pocket but a gaping hole in my rapdily depleting finances.

Needless to say it's been a bit of shock and an invaluable lesson.

Now all I need to do is win the Lotto and I'll be smiling again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of DoctERRS and MediSIN

Mark and Lady X, Y or Z

Vanity Fair