A Pampered Existence

As a single young woman living alone, you'd think I'd make the time to take better care of myself. In fact you'd probably be forgiven for thinking that I owe it to myself to make an enhanced effort with my appearance. For example, one would think that I have all the time in world to pamper myself with massages, manicures, hairstyles and the works really. But you could not be further from the truth.

I do love the notion of being able to spend time being pampered. But somehow I find neither the time nor the required "spare change" to indulge in such a luxurious routine. I call it a luxury because with the high cost of living, my mortgage and escalating bills, being pampered is not really high on my list of priorities.

Mind you, I don't go around looking like a fat chick in a sack. In fact I make a half decent effort at being presentable, but the truth is I simply cannot afford to get a manicure or be pampered.

So when my brother bought me a two hour massage voucher for my birthday recently, it was as if Christmas and all of the other the holidays came at once. It still took me about a month to book an appointment at the salon. And when I did, the two hours of being massaged by a trained professional left me feeling relaxed, radiant, energised and thoroughly spoiled. In fact you could say it more than made up for the 7 years of not being able to spoil myself.

Now I wonder what my brother has planned for Christmas? Warren, if you are reading this..BIG HINT and MANY MANY THANKS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of DoctERRS and MediSIN

Mark and Lady X, Y or Z

Vanity Fair