Wedding Bells are Ringing on a Dusty Road to Love


As my plane made its slow descent into the Dabolim Airport at Goa; I knew that the next few days, would be a essay; with paragraphs of excitement and joyous celebration puncuated, with moments of chaos, nervous discomposure and a few conflagrant tempers.

I was here from London, in this relaxed part of the world for just a few days. There was a singluar purpose to my trip and that was my cousin Clyne's wedding.

I am the product of the age old tradition of the joint family system in India. So, having lived a large portion of my life with my cousins, meant that there would be no pardoning of any absence on my part, for an occassion as grand and important as a family wedding. Family ties are very important in India, a fact that was clearly endorsed by the global representation of our family at the wedding in Goa. But, I was not here, merely out of a sense of duty or tradition; I was here, because Clyne (the bridegroom) and I are especially close, and so I wanted to be a part of his big day.

There were a series of pre-wedding events and I got to meet the bride Nisha's family. They were all, as animated as the rest of us , which made working together quite an easy undertaking.
The nuptials, were held in a quaint chapel on a hill in South Goa, and the reception at the Cidade de Goa in Dona Paula. As both Clyne and Nisha and the rest of our families (me being the exception) are all musically gifted, this wedding had just that extra special personal touch.

The choir was splendid, the band at the reception were impressive and there was songs galore being sung by family and friends. I met up with a few of my friends who I had not seen in ages. I normally find family weddings a bit of a onerous endeavor, but this one was just so enjoyable that it was more like a rather large family gathering and a very happy one at that.

The newlyweds are on their honeymoon, and the rest of us, are slowly returning back to the rest of our not so exciting lives.

To Clyne and Nisha if you are reading this:

I wish you JOY and LAUGHTER
The LOVE of TREASURED FRIENDS
and most importantly
I wish you PEACE when each day ends.

God Bless You and May you have a long and happy married life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of DoctERRS and MediSIN

Mark and Lady X, Y or Z

Vanity Fair