INCREDIBLE INDIA


I’m an overseas citizen of Indian origin. And as most Indians will admit there is just one unique obsession that that unites Indians all over the globe

It defines the essence of the Indian national pride. It’s bigger than religion. It is a grand affair of the heart; something that ignites more passion that any other good love story ever has. It is quite simply, the game of cricket.

India is a cricket mad nation and no wonder because, we, are really good at it.

So when the World cup was being played on home turf, supporting the national squad was a given. And for the last month and a half, I have joined the 1 billion plus Indians and waved the flag, sang the National Anthem, stayed up late to watch and cheer the team on. (The games are played through the night in the city that I live in)

And today, in a tough final against Sri Lanka, even as thing were going bad, I bit my nails, I prayed (I stormed heaven), I believed and I willed them on. And they did not disappoint. India won the Cricket World Cup after a gap of 28 years. An amazing achievement, particularly, given that it was against a very competitive Sri Lankan side.

And in the end when the Indian Captain M.S. Dhoni hit those six runs that sealed our victory, I shouted “Jaya Hai”. After all, there is that old saying “Passport Hein Pardesi, Magar Dil Hein Hindustani”. Well done boys.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of DoctERRS and MediSIN

Mark and Lady X, Y or Z

Vanity Fair