Once a Fool, Always A Prankster

April Fool's day is always a legitimate excuse for the inner mischievous child in me to shine without an ounce of guilt.

Over the years I've played so many pranks and I think I may have even bragged about some of these in previous posts on this blog.

This year, I went a little low key, playing only two pranks which is an unusual thing for me. Maturity must be catching up.

The first victim was a friend Adel, who is a really good photographer. With the help of two other partners in crime we sent her an invitation to be the official photographer at the Royal Wedding. We took the trouble to pinch a picture of the official invite and tweak it a bit (it's amazing what Photoshop can help you achieve). We coupled this with a Royal letter from her Majesty's supposed communications secretary - a Mrs Deborah Bottomworth. It was printed on really good quality thick paper and we took the trouble of making it look like it had been posted from the UK. We slipped in into her mailbox at 8:30pm the previous evening. The end product was so good that we could almost go professional with these pranks.

The second victim was my Manager, whom I love to prank even on days that are not dedicated to Fools. I amended the "ASDFG HJKL" keys in the middle row of his computer keyboard with the letters "APRIL FOOL". My Manager has a wicked sense of humour so thankfully this prank did go down well….and yes, he also made sure that I got pranked in equal measure.

After all it’s only fair that if you are going to dish it out, you ought to be good spirited enough to able to take it as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of DoctERRS and MediSIN

Mark and Lady X, Y or Z

Vanity Fair