Friday Night Fever


On Friday night, I re-discovered my dancing shoes as I joined my friends in a club. I must confess that it had been ages since I went clubbing and when my friend Sally invited me to join her group of mates for an evening out, I accepted readily and I'm not sorry because I had a really great time.

The first stop was at Sally's because it was the first anniversary that she and her flatmate Kathy had been in their current flat in Willesden Green. There I met a truly eclectic and fun loving bunch of people like Dave, Nathan, Kathy, Goff and a lovely young couple (sorry I can't remember their names). The club was called the Good Ship in Kilburn and the DJ was known to the girls. The music was lively and the so was the spirits. At the club were were joined by the other friends Flavio, Jason, Kristine and her partner, Lalee and Sam. I spent most of the time on the dance floor with them all.

Sal says that these are her closest friends and I can see why. There is not just a bond of friendship here, they are like family. They all take care of each other so well. There were a couple of weirdos who tried to chat us up and one was very persistant with Sal, but they did not stand a chance as the the group protected us from any unwanted advances.

We also met a French sailor who was nice enough to talk to but as the evening grew, he seemed to be in quite a state. But as Flavio discovered he had just lost his sister and being alone in London did not know how else to grieve so he was drowing his sorrows in alcohol. Very tragic. London can be a harsh place particularly in the winters and if you are lonely in London, it is terrible. Fortunately for me, I'm surrounded by people I know and love.

Yours truly returned at the same time the cows came home, very happy and ready for an encore!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of DoctERRS and MediSIN

Mark and Lady X, Y or Z

Vanity Fair