Manic Monday.....Grizzly Bear on the loose

I hate Monday mornings. It usually is the worst time for me, particularly being the start of the working week. I usually find that I am always having to hurry on a Monday to get to work on time. This morning I decided to get up a bit earlier so that I'd have enough of time to myself before rushing out the door. It would have all gone smoothly except for the fact that Murphy's Law really came to play today and the result has been a disastrous day in general.

I left the house at about the usual time, but then returned about 5 minutes later as I realised that I had left my travel card behind. So that trip cost me a few minutes. I was lucky to be dropped off to my local railway station and I stood at the platform and waited and waited and waited....but there wasn't a train in sight.

Then after a good 10 minutes, the announcement came " Owing to a problem at Stanmore, all Jubilee line services are severely delayed. Please seek alternative transportation". So along with a 100 other disgruntled commuters, I hopped on to a bus to Wembley Park where I caught the Metropolitan Line headed to Aldgate.

Things were going pretty smoothly and according to plan when one of the passengers on board hit the emergency button sometime between Wembley and Finchley Road, prompting the driver to halt at Finchley and conduct an investigation. So naturally, we were stalled for a while. I finally got off at Liverpool Street, but my journey was far from over. I had to change tube lines and caught a Central Line train to Bank Station where I took the DLR (Docklands Light Railway) to Canary Wharf where I work. I was late and a bit grumpy because I had not had my morning intake of caffeine.

Work was no better as it has been absolutely manic. I only managed 5 minutes to grab at bite at about 4pm. Needless to say I'm as sore as a grizzly. I hope this is not an indication of how the rest of the week will be, because I really don't fancy being grumpy bear for much longer.

I’m off to get me a coffee now and hopefully I’ll come back smiling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of DoctERRS and MediSIN

Mark and Lady X, Y or Z

Vanity Fair