One for the Curry Munchers

The way to my heart, quite literally is through my stomach. I love food, and judging from my chubby cheeks you can tell that it is one of my passions. I consider myself a pretty decent cook and an enthusiastic eater.

I'm not too fussed when it comes to food. However, I draw the line at internal organs like heart, brain, eyes, balls etc. I'm sure that there are loads of people who relish these delicacies. I, am just not of them. To me, the very notion of consuming internals is repugnant to the point of being nauseating.

Travelling is a great way to sample the delicacies of other countries. During my travels, I have sampled, a variety of ethnic cuisines like Thai, French, Spanish, Chinese, New Zealand, Italian, English and Middle Eastern. I've also tasted game like Ostrich. Now Ostrich is not for the faint hearted as it is a really strong tasting bird. I think it is a bit of an acquired taste to be honest. You either love it or you don't. I did not.

My eldest cousin Mark, is quite the globe trotter and he has sampled a variety of food including meat like lama and kangaroo which he says are particularly tasty. I'm hoping that my travels across Europe and beyond over the next few years will allow me to sample some great new things.

No matter what I taste, I find myself particularly partial to a good curry. It must be the Indian in me. There is nothing quite like a well prepared curry particularly one that is handed down over the generations and prepared with as much flavour and zest as it deserves. There are a number of good cooks within my family and so I've been lucky to enjoy curries that were not just palatable but distinctly superior.

Since the curry culture has caught on in a big way, I though I'd share a simple recipe with you all. This one is for Egg Curry. It's easy to prepare. Try it and let me know what you think.

Ingredients :

6 Eggs, 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 medium onions, finely chopped, 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped, 2 teaspoons of finely grated ginger, 3 teaspoons of ground coriander, 2 teaspoons of ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of ground tumeric, ½ teaspoon of chilli powder, 2-3 ripe tomatoes, diced, ½ teaspoon of garam masala (all spice powder), a little hot water and salt to taste.

Method :
· Hard boil the eggs.
· Cool quickly under running cold tap, shell, halve and set aside.
· Heat ghee or oil and fry onions, garlic and ginger until soft and golden brown.
· Add coriander, cumin, turmeric and chili and fry for a few seconds.
· Then add tomatoes and salt and stir over medium heat until tomatoes are soft and pulpy.
· Add hot water, cover and simmer until gravy is thick.
· Stir in garam masala and the halved eggs and heat through.
· Serve with rice

Comments

Anonymous said…
Can't wait to try tghat delicious looking curry! It has my 2 fav ingredients: eggs and curry! Lovely:)

Popular posts from this blog

Of DoctERRS and MediSIN

Mark and Lady X, Y or Z

Vanity Fair